Monday, August 14, 2006

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is...
my birthday!
38.
i can't believe it! I love it!

This is the first year since I've been old enough to know what my birthday was that I don't feel crazy excited. I usually drive everyone crazy with talk of my birthday month... Always have felt that the entire month of August is a special one, because IT'S MINE!!! But this year I haven't focused much on it. And I haven't even thought much about the actual day... I don't have the usual excitement going on inside of me. =(

how sad...

Well, today has been better. I'm still not happy to be here, but I'm accepting of the fact that I'm here, and I just remind myself that this is not something I can't change. And God, it is beautiful country.

Today I drove when Lisa and I went out for lunch. We went to a small Mexican joint, Taqueria. I was hopeful - in Chicago places that look like this and have such names are very authentic. But I'm learning that in SC, just because a restaurant looks or sounds authentic, doesn't mean it is! In fact, it's a rarity! But this was a goldmine... Yum. And, the kicker was that I got us back home without even having to ask for directions. Well, I did make sure I was going out the right exit in the parking lot, but after that I was on my own and I did it!

I've been reading a lot of blogs in the past couple of days. It's nice to get inspiration from others. And there are so many inspiring people out there!!! It's helping me a lot to get through this tough time.

This is quite a learning experience, for sure. It's teaching me more about what's important in life. I've been on that learning journey for over a year now. But now I'm getting more into specifics. It's good. It's painful, but good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home