Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hmmm...

I got my Franklin-Covey planner yesterday!!!
It's been months since I've had one...
I tried using a "regular" calendar for the past couple of months
but it just wasn't cutting it for me.
Now I'm working on getting myself more organized.
Goodness knows I need it -
there's quite a bit going on these days
that I seriously need to remember.
It will also help me plan and work toward other goals.
Very cool.

We had another test in my Nutrition class tonight.
I think I did ok on it.
Will know for sure next week!

Work is good...
I'm learning more every day.
I now know that the front of a semi is called a "tractor".
I knew that the back was a "trailer",
but didn't realize the front part had a name!
And, today I learned
that the two front tires on a semi tractor
are called "steers".
The six at the back are called "drivers".
And the ones on the trailer are all called "trailer tires".

A guy came in yesterday and told me he needed two steers.
I nearly told him we don't sell livestock.
Glad I didn't.
I went to get one of the Asst. Managers and told him a guy wanted steers.
I said "what is that?"
He just laughed at me.
So today I asked Tammy what they are.
Then we had a little lesson in how I can
(supposedly) tell the tires apart just by seeing them on the showroom floor.

I know that steers and trailer tires look similar.
You can put steers on a trailer,
but you should not put trailers on a steer position.
And drivers have "lugs" in the tread design.
Hee!
I can't believe I know this stuff...

I've not blogged in a while, so I've got some catching up to do.
Last weekend with GriFF was wonderful...
Friday night he took me out for a very nice dinner.
At The Firefly Grill.
Yum.
It reminded me of Chicago...
*sniff*
I had crabcakes.
GriFF had seared filet of beef with oyster mushrooms.
We each had salads and spaghetti squash for sides.
Shared a bottle of DaVinci Chianti. Delish..
For dessert I had a trio of sorbets (strawberry, peach, and blood orange)
GriFF had a Cafe de Cuba.
I don't like coffee, but I gave it a sip.
It was warm, yummy, and rummy.
Mmmmmm...

It was sweet.
I kept the cork from our wine bottle.
He kept telling me how pretty I looked.
I kept giggling.

Saturday morning we went to the gym.
We both had a good workout,
and then we headed back to his place
to clean up.

We drove to Terre Haute,
ate at the Olive Garden,
looked for tents at Gander Mountain,
and went to see an art exhibit.
GriFF's friend John Ferguson
had a photo in the exhibit.
I think we weren't supposed
to be able to get in.
Only one door was unlocked
and there was a cleaning lady inside.
We hurried upstairs to look around
in case she'd tell us we had to leave.
But she didn't.
When she saw us
she just said "I didn't know anyone was here!"
We were a little disappointed.
Wanted to be "caught"
where we weren't supposed to be.
ha!

We ended up taking a nap
as soon as we got back home.
Then we stayed up until after 2a.m.
Which was really 3a.m.
(welcome to daylight savings time!)

Sunday I was not feeling well
at all.
By evening, I was exhausted,
coughing,
and miserable.
GriFF made dinner,
ran me a hot bath,
and put a candle on the tub ledge.
He was so sweet.
He went to WalMart to get some
Alka-Seltzer Cough.
Ick!
But it did make me feel better.
For a bit.
The bath was fabulous.
I nearly fell asleep in there!
But the best part of all
was how much he cared.

2 Comments:

At 3/27/2007 11:55 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

You have to try "Red Truck". It's one of the best red wine I've had lately and I've been having lots lately! I just love red wine. I'll post a photo in my blog soon. I need to update mine something fierce!

 
At 3/28/2007 12:00 AM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Steer?! I thought the same thing! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home