Thursday, February 22, 2007

The sun is shining today,
making me long for temperatures to match!
(Shining temperatures???)
I'm thinking about bundling up and washing my truck.
It's caked with salt residue
and lots of random dirt. =)

I'm taking it pretty easy this afternoon.
Trying to get over this cold/virus
and enjoying the fact that there are no classes today
due to some form of "teacher's institute" at Lake Land.

I got a chance to read a few of my favorite blogs
(Jozzie - you're slipping!!! BLOG something!!!! ha!)
and was inspired by Cheryl to list 5 things I'm looking forward to this week.

Of course, being me, I immediately worry about what qualifies as a "week" for this. Do I want to just say 5 things that will happen by Saturday,
because that's what I consider the end of a "calendar" week,
and would be *clean*???
Or do I start with today and go 7 days out???
Hmmm...
Wouldn't you love to have a brain like mine? I'm sure not...
Anyway, we'll just see how it plays out as I start listing 5 things!

1 - GriFF offered to let me use his place as a retreat tomorrow afternoon... Ah, the joy of it! A view of the woods and the lake, which can be seen from both the deck AND the garden tub, in which I will surely soak myself in hot, bubbly water as I sip a glass or two of wine... and just some PRIVACY, which is something I don't get to experience much at all these days... Have you ever heard of anything more thoughtful? I'm definitely melting.

2 - No school today or tomorrow. After having two tests yesterday, I assure you that this is most welcomed. I'm enjoying being back in school after all of these years. I swear - if anyone who is reading this has ever considered going back to college, but worries that it's too late, "I'm too old", etc. This is the best time to be in school!!! I actually pay attention in class. No daydreaming!!! And it's amazing what the brain retains when you really listen and are interested in what the professor is saying.

3 - My sense of taste is returning, which is something I'm SO looking forward to having back fully. This cold/virus has kept me from enjoying any food or drink for the past 2 days. And, I am NOT a person who eats for fuel... But I could seriously chew on a piece of cardboard right now, and be able to convince myself it's pizza. So, I'm looking forward to a good meal as soon as I have fully-functioning tastebuds!

4 - Being creative. I plan to do some sketching and charcoal work tomorrow while I'm *retreating* (see #1). The environment you are in is a great influence on your ability to create, and I'm looking forward to experiencing the flow tomorrow!!

5 - 50 degrees!!! As far as I know, we are still expecting a high in the 50's on Saturday. (I'm in south-central Illinois, and 50 degrees in February is WARM.)

Well, there you have it!
What a great exercise in joy... I have a lot to look forward to in just a few short days! =) Thanks for the idea, Cheryl!!!

3 Comments:

At 2/22/2007 11:26 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

I like the list! I may just do that! Thanks for the inspiration. Go check me out.

1) Love the garden tub - did you have any toys with you? HAH!

2) I wish I had waited too about College. I went right after HS. And all I had in mind was to be with my boyfriend! Then I ended up meeting another boyfriend! HAH!

3) Oh I know what you mean. I hate having colds! I love to eat! And cook so having no taste buds, pure hell!

4) Ahhh! Being creative ~ love that! Can't wait to see some of your creations!

5) It was gorgeous outside I didn't wear a jacket. Just a T-shirt and a hoodie. Oh yeah, a pair of pants too! HAH!

Ok, go check out my blog!

 
At 2/26/2007 11:43 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Is it still shining? It's Monday! Do another post! :)

And make sure to check out my blog! I have great news!!!

xox

 
At 2/27/2007 1:47 PM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

I would love to see some of your creations, Rene!
Isn't it great to have so much to look forward to?
Had to pop over after reading you comment on my post today. I also LOVE Life is Beautiful. What an amazing movie, and one I had forgotten for my list!!! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home