Sunday, February 04, 2007

Catching up...

I've gone so long without posting.
shame...

My last post, back in November,
makes me smile.

I'm still experiencing
that white-water rafting discovery. =)

I'm still living in Effingham
in the house we moved into
when I was 4 years old.
Wow.

I started taking classes in January,
working toward an ADN.
I did learn that I didn't qualify for the
fall 2007 nursing program...
So I refocused, regrouped,
and I continue.
I'll qualify for fall 2008.
Yes, a stumble in my plans.
But, only a stumble.

I'm taking Chemistry
Nutrition
English Comp
and Biology.

I love my Chemistry class.

Just took the mid-term
(it's an 8-week, fast-paced course)
and got a 98.3% on it!!!
That feels FABULOUS!!

Nutrition is good.
A lot of teamwork required.
And most of the people in the class
could be my children.
Literally...
=)

English Comp is an online class.
We have to post to an online board
at least 3 times a week,
discussing an assigned essay.
First was a section of
Thoreau's Walden.
Yummy.
Next came Shooting an Elephant,
a George Orwell piece.
I didn't much enjoy that one.
But discussing on the boards is fun.

Biology is also online,
with labs meeting one Saturday per month
for five hours.
Wow.

Tonight was Superbowl 41 (XLI).
It wasn't that fun for me.
Both of my favorite teams were playing.
It's too hard when you can't
truly root for one
of the teams!!!
Colts won. Cool!
But that means the Bears lost.
Not cool...
Well, I had my excitement 2 weeks ago,
I suppose.
When I learned that they both made it!
=)
That was awesome.

I started a new job just over a week ago.
The timing was perfect.
I had gone down to part-time hours
at my previous job.
I didn't like that job, anyway.
So, they asked me if I could
work part-time until they hired someone else.
I said I would.
Then I learned that they
had found someone.
But I heard it through the grapevine.
I know they work that way,
but I was still surprised.
They were going to just keep me
until the last day they needed me,
and then let me know.
So, I learned of an available job
that is perfect for me.
It's a bookkeeping job.
At a truck stop!
In the Lube Shop!
Love it...
The manager was my best friend in kindergarden.
Tammy... xo
We were talking the other day
about how even though we've lost touch
from time to time,
we always get back in contact
and it seems like we never lost touch at all.
Those are true friendships.
=)

Anyway, the job is very flexible.
As long as I have the deposit ready for pickup
by 8:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday,
and by 7:30 a.m. on Friday,
all is well...

How cool is that?
This is a job that I can have
throughout my schooling...
I can adjust my work schedule
to fit my school schedule
every semester. =)

Oh...
the white-water rafting.
His name is Steve.
=)

2 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 8:24 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Hey!

So happy to see you blogging again! I have missed reading your posts! Welcome back to Blog World!

So happy to see how the schooling is coming along! Such progress. Remember when you were in SC longing to be back? You've come a long way baby!

And still white-water rafting, eh?!? Ride 'em cowgirl! :)

 
At 2/15/2007 10:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's so nice to see you blogging again! I'm glad that things are going well for you!

my sister in law just got out of nursing school (LPN program) and got her first job. Since she already has a degree and went through LPN school, it will only take 1 year for her to earn her BSN. She is starting in the Fall.

so who are Griff and Steve? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home