Monday, October 16, 2006

Stop the world

and let me off...

Isn't it crazy how sometimes life just feels like an out-of-control merry-go-round??? {insert insane circus clown music here to get an idea of what I'm feeling}

Day three at the new job went well. I spent the entire day sitting with the most senior rep. Mind you, she may very well be the youngest, but she's been at the job for 8 years ("7 years too long", she says!). She's definitely got it together with the ins and outs of the job. And she's quite enjoyable. She laughed with me when I made my first attempts to enter an order into the system. And made me feel quite welcomed and comfortable all day. She's the first to admit that she's not an expert trainer. But I tend to learn a lot just from observing an expert at work. But... I learned this afternoon that the person who was leaving, the person I'm supposed to be replacing, has decided to accept the company's counter-offer and is continuing with her employment there. Which means that a temp is going to be dropped. Now, you'd figure that it would be me, since I've only been training for 3 days. The other two temps have been there for about 8 months each. That's a lot of wasted training time to let one of them go, right?

Wrong! I guess they will releasing one of the other ladies. I feel absolutely horrible for her. If she's really so bad, why didn't they get another temp sooner to replace her? Oh well. Another one of those "not my issue" situations, right? Still, I don't have the best feeling about it. I completely understand accepting a counter-offer and staying where you're comfortable. But the thing is, this lady does not seem comfortable. She seems miserable!!! I have to say, I was looking forward to next week and not having the angry tension in the air. Oh well! =) Again, not really my issue. I'm there, I'm learning, I'm enjoying, and I'm going to be getting a paycheck! Now, THAT is my issue. =)

Anyway, with that and all of the adventures of the past few days (shoe shopping, missing my comfy shoes, etc!), I really feel like I've been at the carnival all day. I'm tired, I'm dizzy, and I wanna go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home