Monday, September 11, 2006

I Remember...

I remember this day five years ago.

I was at work.
The first thing we heard was that an airplane
(the news reports weren't certain
what kind of airplane it was yet)
had crashed into one of the skyscrapers
in NYC.

I felt such sadness.
But I had no idea.
No idea how big this was.
How much it was going to change
the world
life
me.

Then the news came in of the second plane
crashing into the other tower...
Then the reports of terrorism.

I don't remember the order of events after that.
The plane crashing into the pentagon.
The plane crashing into the field in PA.

I remember seeing pictures and video of
the people trying to escape NYC.
The desperate people jumping from the towers.
And then.

Then the first tower fell.
The second.

I wanted to go home.
I knew that life as I knew it
was gone.

I worried for the people who had loved ones on those planes,
in the buildings that were attacked.

I felt sadness, anger, and fear.
I cried for the innocents who had lost their lives.
I cried for the people who lost those loved ones.
I cried for America, and for the world.

5 Comments:

At 9/11/2006 12:32 PM , Blogger Gaspegirl said...

(((hugs)))

 
At 9/11/2006 4:20 PM , Blogger Nancywithajones said...

(((((((( big hugs to you today))))))))))))))))))

 
At 9/11/2006 10:35 PM , Blogger Anne Magee said...

I feel it, too...

(((hugs)))

 
At 9/12/2006 12:57 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

This is a beautiful insight to your feelings.

 
At 9/12/2006 4:05 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

This is beautiful Rene. Very touching!

xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home