Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What's in a Name?

Today's STM blog challenge is to create an "Acroname" based on the letters in your name. This was a very tough one for me. I finally have come up with something, but I'm not sure I love it. I may continue to think about this exercise over time and maybe something else will surface. But for now:

Rene = Redefining Efforts Needed Everyday.

OK, first, I KNOW everyday isn't just one word in this context. But that's ok!

And secondly, I guess for the time being this is a perfect acronym for me. Because I have to redefine my efforts for redefining ME every single day. I've spent almost my entire life living for others. A year and a half ago, I realized what I've really been hiding from myself all along. I have been living my life for others and completely lost myself. Sure, little peeps of me came out from time to time, but mostly I just wanted everyone around me to be happy. So I would make their desires my own. And now I'm learning, and I'm finally getting it, that I matter, too. And in order to truly care for others, I first must care for me. If I don't, who will?

I've made a lot of progress on an emotional level. I still struggle, almost daily. But that's ok. This time it's about me.

2 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 5:12 PM , Blogger Chelsea said...

rockstar, digit-love it, and how true! Good for you for finally discovering yourself.....isn't is a great conversation...it went something like this didn't it:
Rene: Hi, I'm Rene, nice to meet you!
Rene: Hi, I'm Rene. I like long walks, sunsets,
LOL....get out there and get to know yourself! remember it's YOUR life. :)

 
At 8/30/2006 7:35 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

That's a great one Rene!

And what you said about taking care of you first - so true - they even do it during flight emergency remember? They tell us to put our masks on first! So, you go girl!

xox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home