Tuesday, August 29, 2006

To be a child...

Today's blog challenge on STM is to list a child-like activity you like to participate in from time to time. Because it's important to let the child in all of us come out to play sometimes!!! =)

My favorite thing is swinging. At the park, naughty girls!!! =) It's always been enjoyable for me, but for the past year or so, when I was going through a particularly rough spot, it became something I did for myself. Something that helped me get up off of the couch. Something that made me smile, made me feel free. I'm smiling now just thinking of the happy feeling I get when I sit down in the swing and just go.

OK, I also like to skip, but it's rare that I get to do that one!!! At my age, it kinda requires that I have a skipping child along with me. Otherwise, the men in white coats might be called by someone who sees a 38-year old woman skipping...

2 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to swing! It's one of my favorite things to do! I've always lived ina neighborhood that had a small little playground in it and have always enjoyed the swings at one time or another. Odd that I wouldn't think of them for this challenge though.

 
At 8/30/2006 12:45 AM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

LOL! That made me laugh so much.... I'm so happy that question brought you to a happy place. Brilliant question from a brilliant mind. :)

I was reading it to Kurt and he said he likes to skip too! He said back in jr. high they can't run down the halls, or they got in trouble. So instead, you guessed it, they skipped!

LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home