Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Day 7, and T minus 25

Wow. A whole week.
A week at the challenge of being! Of enjoying the journey.
It's gone quickly.
And it's gone well! When I look back to how I was feeling a week ago and compare it to how I feel today, it's unreal. And it shows me how soon I'll be in the single digits on my "T minus" countdown!!!

I truly am looking forward to moving back home. Sure, there are some things that will be stressful. But the good things definitely outweigh the not so good!

This morning I went for a run with Lisa. We did 3 miles total, with half of it running, half walking. It was still a little too much for me for the first time out in over a year... I got really overheated. I looked like a beet. =) And I felt pretty sick for a while. Let myself lay down for a little nap after I cooled down and drank some water. Now I'm still a little weary, but I feel good.

Except for this blister on the back of my heel. Ankle? Whatever it's considered there - where my shoe was rubbing while we were out there. Must not have had my shoe tight enough. Well, tomorrow morning we're planning to do Billy Blanks' Boot Camp dvd. So I'll just wear socks and let the blister heal up a bit.

Today I submitted my first layout on STM. I'm not thrilled with the LO, but I just needed to get going. I haven't been doing much creative work in the past year at all. And it's not easy since I don't have a designated space, or even all of my things! But it's ok. I did it! I posted my first layout!!!

And, I was absolutely thrilled last night to be online for my first TNGC on STM. Lots of fun, sweet, and interesting people. And of course my Jozzie was on, too! Can't go wrong chatting with Joz. At the end of the night, the two of us chatted quite a bit with Lynette. She's also a Marilyn fan, so we did a little bit of talking about that. Then the three of us were saying we should meet up in Chicago sometime for a fun girls' day/night/weekend? ha! And we began talking about where we are/were from. Turns out Lynette was friends with the Massey triplets from my hometown! They were actually in my class in high school (Class of '86 - woohoo!), but they moved away before graduation. And Lynette knew them!!! She ended up scanning pics of the guys and posting them. Small world, ya know?

And THEN... Lynette added a picture to my profile, so whenever I post, there's a pic of Marilyn!!! Is that the sweetest or what? =)

Anyway, I think I slept with a smile on my face.

And now I'm smiling again.

Looking forward to more TNGC chats, posting more LOs and other creations to my gallery, and meeting up with Joz and Lynette someday in Chicago! hoo-raa!

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 6:47 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Hi Rene!

Post your LO here too!

xox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home