Monday, August 28, 2006

The first time I...

We're doing a cool new blog challenge on a scrapbooking website I'm a member of: Scrap That Moment. Today's challenge is to write about your first time of doing something. It's hard to thing of anything PG!!! But something that popped into my mind is...

The first time I heard of rubberstamping I thought it was the STUPIDEST thing I had ever heard of...

I was invited to a Stampin' Up! workshop and I declined. I told the girls that I was in no way interested in such a stupid thing. I had better things to do with my time! But then the next day, two of the girls I worked with who attended the workshop brought in what they made, along with a catalog. I was amazed and hooked. I'd never seen anything so beautiful before, AND if those two girls could make something that looked so beautiful, I knew it was amazing! So I called the demonstrator that very day and ordered a catalog. She asked if she could have it sent in the workshop order, but I told her that I really needed it shipped that day! I was hooked and I'd never even done it before. It turned out to be one of the best things that ever came into my life!!!

2 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 10:13 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Hey! I thought I was the best thing.... LOL!

I think I must have said the same thing at my FIRST SU! show. I heckled the demo at a friend's show. I said, "who'd stamp a card? don't you buy cards?!"

And look 6 years later I'm still stamping!

xox

 
At 8/28/2006 11:50 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Isn't that funny when we think of something that is stupid and turns out to be cool!!!! I have yet to jump on the stamping bandwagon!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home