Thursday, August 24, 2006

Day 8, T minus 24!

I absolutely love Grey's Anatomy...

Not just the characters and the medical stuff.
But the life lessons and the songs they have on each episode
always speak to me...

Today I am SOOOOO sore from our run yesterday.
Whew!
I had forgotten that this might happen.
I jumped right up this morning to get out of bed and
OUCH!
And every time I sit for a little while and
then get up to move around, it hits me again.
OUCH!

=)

It's ok, though. It's good pain, when you know it's good for you!

But I didn't work out with Lisa this morning cuz I knew I wouldn't be able to move, let alone put more pressure on my muscles! So, I stretched, and I did some crunches.

So that felt good.

Look at me. I'm still BEING!

Last night I had a small meltdown.
It hit me all the things I have to take care of.
Things I have to be responsible and adult about.
And it hit me that
yeah, this is what I want,
but I'm 38 and I'm moving back in with my parents.

I felt like a failure.

But I'm NOT. I'm just doing something that I need to do.
It's not forever.
it's for now.
and it's for good.

Last night I had some amazing and hilarious conversations with Joz.
She helped me realize that
just sending a card to someone and telling them you miss them
does NOT tell them to call you.
So they won't.
=)

It's true.
Always ask for what you need.
How else can you expect to get it?

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 7:41 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Stop with this failure talk! Remember when you were asking me about "Life Changing Decisions"? and one of the things I told you is it's like driving. You get on the car, bring a map, ask for directions and keep going? Eventually, you'll get there? Think of this as you're just making a stop to ask for directions.

It is OK.

You'll get there. You're smart. You knew when to stop and asked for direction!

Keep going!

And ask, tell, what you want.

You will

get

IT!

xox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home