Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dimension

OK, it's technically August 31st. I say technically, because the time (est) is now 12:46 a.m. and I have not yet gone to sleep. So to me it's still Wednesday!!!

But... going with the technical and being that it's 8/31, it's T MINUS 17!!! 2 weeks and 3 days left. Wow.

Kevin and Lisa leave for their cruise in just over a week - a week from Friday. They'll be gone til the following Saturday. And then I'm planning to leave on Sunday. Monday at the latest. And I haven't yet determined my route. I can return the way I came in, or I can shoot over to ATL first and visit my bestest friend in the whole universe (that's something we've always said and it is still the truth!), Tane' Ya. She moved to Atlanta from Chicago just over a year ago. I need to see what she has going on when I'll be in the area. She's working two jobs right now and interviewing for others (to replace the 2, not in addition!!!), and she's got a lot going on. But if she's got the time, I really would love to see her. Otherwise, it may be a long, LONG time before I can see her again.

The ATL route would send me through Nashville, TN. Another old friend of mine lives there now. She was my best friend in high school. I was hoping to see her in July at the 20-year reunion, but she wasn't there. I found out she's living in Nashville now, with her husband, two little girls, and a boy on the way. So I think I may try to get ahold of her and see about stopping there, too. We'll see. It could me a tad bit awkward and I'm not sure if I'm up for that!!!

All of that work earlier today on my acroname and I still needed the help of a wonderful, trusted friend to get me through a slump! Thank goodness for friends - especially this one!!! =) Redefine. Refocus!!!

Anyway, one of the things I need to work on is my tendency to overanalyze situations that are NOT in my control. To just let go. I have this need to take things into hand and direct them. Control. But there is so very little in life that we can truly control. Other than ourselves, I mean. And God knows I can barely control myself! Who am I to think I can even begin to control other people or situations? I go back and forth with this. I said this several times to someone in the recent past - if you really want something, go get it. If you don't work for it, do you really think it's just going to magically land in your lap?

And I still think that is true. But at the same time, one must exercise moderation. Yeah, go for the things you want. But realize that there is only so much you can do. Put your intentions out there, and see what happens. Do what you can, and then LET GO.

It's all so confusing, isn't it? There's never a black or white! And boy do I love black and white!!! It's clear, crisp, structured, concise.

But then I look at shading and color and see the beauty of that. How sad it would be if everything were only black and white. It's the color and shading of things that gives dimension and life.

ha!

Is this one of those "Aha! Moments" per Oprah?

I will
*learn to breathe
*take things as they come
*stop trying to control the world
*enjoy the colors and shading!

tfl to my insane early a.m. ramblings!!!

1 Comments:

At 8/31/2006 9:58 AM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Hey there!

You're the second person I heard that from....it's not all black and white.....so true! We forget all the other things in between. We all tend to be deceived by what we hear, see or even touch. We think what we see is what we get. What we hear is the truth....and so forth and so on. Sometimes, we need to listen to things people aren't saying....but I think most of all, we need to trust our own instinct. Go with your self. Trust thy self. Do what you can, and just everything be. What will happen will. Enjoy the process of the other things in life.

I'm here with yah. Had FUN chatting last night!

xox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home