Saturday, September 09, 2006

New Beginnings

Today
I got off my ass
and started going through my things
yet again...

I'd really like to be able to see
out the back of my SUV
as I'm driving
back to Illinois. =)

Then again,
I am already missing
some of the things
I no longer have.

Just sometimes
though...
not enough
to get them back!

Anyway,
just trying
to be
sane

with my packing
and throwing
and keeping
and tossing!

That said...

I came across a couple of pages
of notebook paper
where I had written
something from Grey's Anatomy.

Isn't that the best show???

If you're not familiar -
at the end of every episode,
Meredith Grey spews forth
the smartest things you've ever heard.

It's a voice over
after all of the drama of the hour.

I don't know what episode this is from
but it struck me enough to
rewind
and write it down:

"You just have to know
and when you don't know
no one can fault you for it.
You do what you can
when you can
why you can.
When you can't
you can't.
Who gets to determine
when the old ends
and the new begins?
It's not a day on the calendar,
a birthday,
a new year.
It's an event
big or small,
something that changes us.
Ideally it gives us hope.
A new way of living
and looking at the world,
letting go of old habits,
old memories.
What's important is that
we never stop believing
we can have a new beginning.
It's also important to remember
that amid all the crap,
there are a few things
really worth holding onto."

Wow.

2 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 7:33 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

You can say that again! WOW!!!

Joz

 
At 9/09/2006 7:34 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

You can say that again! WOW!!!

Joz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home