Sunday, October 15, 2006

I Need Shoes!

I know, I know... You're thinking, "she really should be saying she WANTS shoes." Which, ok, that's true, also. But I do actually NEED a pair of brown shoes!

I actually got a job last week! Started work on Thursday, and worked for two whole days... I'll get my first paycheck this coming Friday, and it will only be for two days of work. But it's more than I've made in months, so this is exciting! And right now, I'm employed through a temp agency. So I'll get paid weekly until they hire me on as an actual employee. The job isn't bad at all. The wages are great for this area, but suck according to Chicago standards. No exaggeration... But, I'm lucky to have gotten this job! Anyway, the one thing that is really weird about the place (so far!) is the dress code. My shoes have to be completely closed in. No open toes, no sling-backs, and DEFINITELY no sandals. Oh my goodness. Of course I wore sandals (strappy, high-heeled wedges) on my first day. So, I have one pair of black shoes that I can wear with pants. And I only have 2 pair of pants that will be ok with black shoes. So this week is going to be interesting! I guess I'll just have to rotate the pants every other day and hope no one figures it out. =)

So, you see, I actually do NEED shoes. When I was going through my various stages of moving this past year, I got rid of a few pairs of shoes. I've never been an Imelda Marcos. Believe me, I could've been. But I like a lot of different things, and shoes were never in the top 3 on my list. When it came down to moving and needing to dramatically decrease the number of my possessions, some of the shoes that were in fine shape were passed along. And now I realize I could have used at least one of those pairs of shoes! Oh well.

On another note... why do we, as humans, tend to take for granted the things we have in our lives? Why do we fail to acknowledge and appreciate those things until they are gone? (ha! I just realized it's gonna sound as though I'm still talking about my shoes...)

1 Comments:

At 10/16/2006 1:54 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

I understand what you mean! If I could have it my way, I'd have a closet full of shoes in every color, every style! But I have to be realistic too and sometimes being utilitarian is the wise way to go. Don't get me wrong, I love boots, for example, and I have them in several style, height and color. BUT I still always go back to my one comfy pair that never lets me down. I can always count on this one to never give me blisters or tired achy feet. So now you need a brown pair huh?! I know you've always worn that black one. You've had them for a while and now you question whether going back to that old black pair is better or maybe the brown ones will work just as good. It's an understandable process. Just like my comfy shoes, you're wondering about your own comfy shoes. Go shopping! Try on different pairs. You never know, you may end up wanting another pair in another color altogether! But remember the old adage, you get what you pay for. So don't go for the one made with GOAT skin.....they're all ghostly if you ask me! Add that one on our A list!

Go shopping honey! Heard Aldo and Nine West is having a great Fall sale! Love talking about shoes with you anytime!!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home