Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Strange days...

This past week has been so strange for me!!! Tomorrow will be a complete 7 days that Kevin and Lisa have been gone and I've been here alone. I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life I've ever felt so alone. It's not a bad thing. (I could almost hear a chorus of "awww" after I typed that!) It's just weird. Different.

Four more days until Kevin and Lisa return! It's going to be here before I know it! I've got a stack of books I'd like to finish, a couple of movies to watch, and a few things left to take care of with my packing! I've packed away my stamping and scrapbooking supplies. So no more of that until I get back home.

Tonight I watched the movie "Akeelah and the Bee". What a great, inspiring movie. There was a quote in the movie that I loved. I knew I had heard it before, but wasn't sure where it was from. So, thanks to Google, I learned that it comes from one of Marianne Williamson's books. I also learned that the quote was incorrectly attributed to Nelson Mandela. Just a fun bit of trivia. Here's that quote:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" - Marianne Williamson

I like that, a lot. It gives you strength when you read it, doesn't it?

I've been feeling some fear lately. Fear about moving back to Effingham. I had a nice conversation with a special person that had me asking myself a lot of questions about the choices I've made in the past couple of years. It led me to ask a lot of "what ifs". Previously, I would have said that "what ifs" are never good. But now I don't agree with that idea. Asking myself "what if I had done this or that instead?" has taught me some things I don't want to do in the future. I am learning from my mistakes. Actually, I'd rather call them missteps. I am learning from my missteps! =)

I am excited about my life, my future! I don't know what it holds. But I know my goals and my dreams. And I know that I am going to enjoy the journey, and I'm going to BE!

1 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 11:54 AM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

I like that --- missteps! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home