Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Today's Thoughts

Dinner last night was really good.
Kevin stayed home. Said he had some work to do and wanted me and Lisa to be able to have some girl time.
I personally think he also enjoyed the option of having some alone time!!! =)

I drove. Lisa took me to a place in Columbia. I forget the name Motor something. I kept calling Motor City, and then yelling "Detroit!" after. I don't know why... It just came out of me and seemed fun!

I had a shrimp dish. It was shrimp, "house-made" sausage, and red peppers over a plain risotto, with a butter sauce. Yum. We ordered an apricot/apple/brie bruschetta for an appetizer. I had a glass of sparkling rose'. It was all very good.

Lisa had a blackened triggerfish over sweet potatoes, with a mango salsa. It was yummy, too.

So, I've spent a lot of the day figuring out differences between LLC and MTC. One has to wonder why I didn't go into such a deep study before moving here. But I guess it's better late than never! And I'm very lucky to have such a beautiful place to figure things out!!!

For now, I'm staying until 9/17. Kevin and Lisa will be going on a cruise, leaving on 9/7. The cruise takes off on 9/8, and I think they fly back to SC on the 16th. I would hate to leave before that, as I know they were excited to have me staying here to watch the house and take care of their cats while they're gone. The least I can do to repay them for this opportunity, is to stay at least until they take their cruise.

I will post on my finding about colleges and the other things I need to consider about where to live soon. It's been requested by my friend Kelly that I add Elgin Community College to my list of considerations. =)

1 Comments:

At 8/16/2006 7:37 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Oh how I wish I can go there and stay with you while they're on a cuise. Think about how much fun 2 Chicago chicks can do in a Southern state! I'll bring some snow! LOL! People reading this will be thinking what the....

Hahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home