Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Is it really???

I can't believe it's almost 1am. Yours truly has to be up by 6 at the ABSOLUTE latest, and at work by 6:30. Have I lost my mind?

Ha. Guess you do have to have a mind in order to lose one... *ha*

I spent the evening at my parents'
working on laundry
and trying to get things organized.
Also spent quite a bit of time online.

One thing I wanted to accomplish was inspired by Theresa's blog...
She talked about her NY Resolutions and checked her status on each one.

I realized that I barely remember my own intentions.
Did I blog them?
Maybe I saved them as a Word doc?
I want to find them.

Or, do I just want to start from today
with current intentions?
Surely some of them would be the same.
But there could very well be new ones.

Something about my health...
Need to be specific.
Gear it toward working out
and the way I eat.

Something about my mind...
But with school
maybe I shouldn't add something
just focus on my studies until May 6th.

Finances
Eww...
But I have to go there.
I'll think about that one tomorrow. =)

Creativity
I'll set some goals
for summer.
Things like
a photo a day
creating cards
need a specific goal for that
2 new designs per week?
My art...
hmmmm...
Will be doing some sketching
when GriFF and I are camping...
But I need to set goals.

Well, I've got the groundwork started.
More thinking on this tomorrow!
Or would that be later today...
It is tomorrow already!!!

Speaking of art...
I entered my first art show this past weekend.
No awards, but it was still a good experience.
Here are my submissions.
Pardon the cheap WalMart frames...
The judge even said in his speech
that there were some really good pieces that
were in some horribly cheap frames.
He said he refused to consider those for awards
because if you put your work in a cheap frame,
it tells him you aren't proud of your art.
You don't care.
No,
what it tells you
you arrogant, ignorant prick...
Is that some of us can't afford a $85+ frame.

Mine are the black and white (charcoal) pieces in the CHEAP WalMart frames... Enjoy!



3 Comments:

At 3/28/2007 11:56 AM , Blogger Theresa Tyree said...

Hi Rene!
I'm glad to have inspired you about the resolutions. If I don't write mine down, I'll forget all about them!
Your artwork is INCREDIBLE!! I can see why the judge made that comment, although you should not be judged by the frame you put your artwork in, you should be judged for the art within the frame!
I have the RAK ready on my blog if you would like to come play.

 
At 3/30/2007 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Rene! I never knew you were hiding so much talent! These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing them! Jane

 
At 4/10/2007 11:16 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

RENE!!!! You did that?! Why have you never shown me this side of you before? I just LOVE It! I can totally see it matted on some kind of red or pale blue then framed around a woodgrain brown frame....might cost you over $100! But so worth it! You have to sketch something for me!!!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home