Sunday, April 29, 2007

I love camping!!!



It's been at least 4 years since my last camping trip... Until this weekend.

GriFF took me to Hidden Springs, which is a small state park less than 30 miles from Effingham. He wanted to go to a park he likes more for our first camping trip together, but because I had my last Biology lab this Saturday, he decided to pick a location that wasn't as far from the school. How thoughtful was that??? Very!!! =)

The weather was perfect!!! Friday night was a bit colder than prime, but we stayed warm with a fire late into the night, and then had 2 comforters and each other for warmth during sleep. It was all good!!!

Getting up and leaving the site by 6:30 a.m. was not my idea of a good time, but I was glad I went to labs. And we got out of class kind of early, so I was able to get back to camp by around 10:30.

We hiked, talked, and just enjoyed nature.

We learned that we are a great pair when it comes to camping. =)

I realized that this was the best camping trip I've ever been on. Not sure he fully believes me, but it was. I've only been with my family, and then with Mike. Mike would take lots of reading materials and pretty much not talk much at all. It was relaxing, but kind of like being alone for the most part. We did walk one trail, on one trip. But that was it. So, this was very enjoyable for me. Fully being on a camping trip with someone else. Loved it! Can't wait to go again. Soon!!! I think this will be a camping-filled summer.

4 Comments:

At 4/30/2007 11:20 AM , Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Ahh, sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend!!! nothing like getting in the outdoors with someone you love!! So glad you had a great time!!

 
At 5/01/2007 4:15 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

I'm not much of a camping girl myself, but guess what?! We're planning to do a camping (sort of) outing with the family. I'll keep you posted!

Sounds like you had a GREAT time! But you have to email me the details! ;)

xox

 
At 5/16/2007 8:01 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Miss you girlfriend! Where are you???

 
At 7/12/2007 6:07 AM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Where or where has my girlfriend gone???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home