Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Birthday TO ME!!!

Just a quick post... Photos to come later, as I'm too excited to sit here downloading and posting much!!!

Today is my 39th birthday. It got off to a FABULOUS start (hee!), but then I had to go to work. And getting my books for school didn't go as smoothly as I wanted. More on that later.

BUT... then GriFF called to tell me he was all set for me to come home and celebrate my birthday. He greeted me with a flute of champagne. We are definitely off to a great start here!

Then, the sweetest card EVER.

Then, gift # 1 - a Mexican food cookbook. YUM and one of my favorite things to do!!! OK, two of my favorites - cooking, and eating!!!

Gift # 2 - a Chinese food cookbook. Awesome... (We've perused both and have several recipes on the list to try "first" - and a few that will be placed on the *back burner* and never attempted - ha!)

Gift # 3 was this tiny little package. I unwrapped it, and it was... guitar tools???? Guitar tools???? He says "wait, what could those be for? I'll be right back."

I thought I would faint.

I definitely stopped breathing...

He listened.
He heard me.
When I said ONE TIME.. that I had always wanted a guitar and no one would ever gift me one. Oh... my... God.......

He got me a freaking Ibanez acoustic!!!

There are photos, of me holding it and grinning grandly!!! However, this is more time than I meant to spend online already. So off I go. Photos to be posted tomorrow.

Ah.... the best birthday EVER! The best birthday gift EVER. The best man EVER.

*sigh*
SMILE

...

2 Comments:

At 8/16/2007 5:25 PM , Blogger ~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Ohhhhhh Rene! I have got to be the worst friend ever! I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! But not that would have made any difference seeing how happy you already are. BUT! I AM SOOOOOO SORRY!!!! There's no excuse I know. Just come to Chicago and let me make it up with you, ok?

I am so happy for you that you found someone so special!

xoxo

 
At 8/21/2007 5:35 PM , Blogger Kinsey said...

Sounds like you made out like a bandit :)

Happy Birthday to you!

Kinsey

PS. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog. So sweet..I'm touched by your heart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home